The Nevada Aviation Careers Initiative provides career development resources to high school and college students interested in pursuing careers in the aviation industry. The program provides guidance and connections to those expressing interest in aviation careers.
Students will be immersed in a structured program to guide through the career development spectrum, highlighted by:
- Interviewing students to understand career interests, skills and characteristics
- Reviewing and developing resumes;
- Matching with aviation experts, who are enlisting to provide mentoring guidance;
- Conducting career planning workshops;
- Hosting speaking engagements presented by aviation experts;
- Introducing to employment recruiters seeking career-ready talent;
- Conducting mock and practice interviews; and,
- Providing professional references for scholarships, college admissions, and job applications.
Every step of the process is managed by Pathways to Aviation staff.
Wednesday, February 22
Wednesday, March 15 (RSVP)
Wednesday, April 26
Wednesday, May 24
5:30pm - Introduction
5:45pm - Career-Planning Workshop
6:30pm - Mentoring Discussions
Session 1 – Start Your Career Plan
Session 2 – Creating A Resume
Session 3 – Ways to Search for Jobs
Session 4 – Meet Aviation Leaders and Recruiters
It's free! There's no cost to students to apply for or participate in the program.
Take Flight by...