The Reno Air Racing Foundation, doing business as Pathways to Aviation, was founded as a 501c3 non-profit organization in 2004.
The Foundation’s purpose is to encourage and support young men and women to pursue studies and careers in aviation, aerospace and aeronautics; to perpetuate the memory and spirit of aircraft, general aviation and air racing and their places in history; and, to promote and establish relationships with organizations that share and support our common purpose.
The Foundation works closely with youth groups and community leaders to support math and science programs with an emphasis on air racing history and aviation science. Our goal is to expose local students to the fascinating world of flight.
Foundation events and programs are designed to:
- Introduce local youth to aviation
- Cultivate a desire to fly for recreation, business and career
- Promote learning to fly and obtaining a pilot's license
- Support scholarships for students needing assistance in aviation-related careers
- Perpetuate the growth of aviation, aerospace, and air racing
- Engage the aviation community
- Represent and further the ideals, developments, and strategic direction of aviation