For the second consecutive year, Sunday of Reno Air Races week has been an incredibly spectacular day. Between awards and speakers, Sunday was a bright and shining moment for the Foundation.
Thousands of Air Race patrons caught a glimpse at aviation excellence when participating in Aviation Learning Center activities on the final day of the races. The day's highlights included:
- Hosting of the annual National Aviation Heritage Invitational Awards;
- Marily Mora of the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority sharing the vision and latest developments of the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority;
- Nevada's Lieutenant Governor, Mark Hutchison expressed his support of aviation and the value of engaging youth in the state's aviation initiatives;
- Aviation living legend, Bud Anderson, sharing stories of wars and his days as a test pilot; and,
- National aviation hall of fame inductee, Dick Rutan, sharing his experiences as a test pilot and the Voyager's world flight.
It was truly an unforgettable day in the Aviation Learning Center, capping off the most spectacular week in the history of the Reno Air Racing Foundation.
Below is a pictorial look back at Sunday's activities at the National Championship Air Races 2015.
Eric Henry of Pathways to Aviation, emceeing the NAHI Awards.
A full crowd was present at the NAHI Awards, located in the Aviation Learning Center.
Living legends Herb Kelleher, Bud Anderson, Hoot Gibson, and Bud Anderson.
Pathways to Aviation presents the Orville and Wilbur Wright Trophy for best restored antique aircraft.
The Neil A. Armstrong Aviation Heritage Trophy, presented by Perform Air.
Marily Mora, CEO of the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority, presents in the Checkered Flag Club.
Nevada Lt. Gov. Mark Hutchison speaks in the Aviation Learning Center's Hangar Tent.
Aviation legend Bud Anderson.
Aviation legend Dick Rutan.
Eric Henry conducting an interview with Channel 2.
Special thanks to our photographers - Reza Karamooz, Pete Parker, and James Chan.