The planning and success of the Aviation Learning Center is dependent upon volunteers. They’re the lifeblood of Pathways to Aviation and integral to the seeding of aviation’s next generation. There are several ways volunteers can help make the Aviation Learning Center an incredible experience for all.
Below are the roles and their respective tasks:
- Plan all elements of the Aviation Learning Center.
Classroom and Class Team
- Plan each class and workshop in the classroom/main tents.
Layout and Open Space Team
- Orchestrate and manage the layout, activities, and displays in the Center.
Careers and Industry Team
- Help identify and recruit, meet and work with organizations to setup, connect, and conduct business.
Marketing and Promotion
- Promote the event whenever and however…signage, social media, press releases, articles, class schedules, clothing, etc.
Instructors and Facilitators
- Willing to facilitate workshops, teach classes, and/or assist with instruction.
Field Trip Greeters
- First point of contact for teachers and classes. Direct to first/next activity. Troubleshoot.
- Coordinate parking, bus loading/unloading, wristbands, help unload exhibits, man the golf cart.
Set and Strike
- Make sure tents are arranged for classes and workshops each day and session.
- Escort teachers and classes to classes, activities, and areas.
- Serve as point of contact for instructors, facilitators, and speakers. Assist with needs.
- Outside of Planning Team, you may work as many days and hours as you wish;
- Other duties may be assigned, roles created;
- Complimentary admission ticket;
- Must register and schedule in advance.
- Aviation Learning Center schedule (days and hours open) is:
- Wednesday, September 14 (8:00am-4:00pm)
- Thursday, September 15 (8:00am-4:00pm)
- Friday, September 16 (8:00am-4:00pm)
- Saturday, September 17 (8:00am-4:00pm)
- Sunday, September 18 (8:00am-4:00pm)