Big News!!! We're set to launch two exciting aviation career mentoring programs in January! They're free and open to all high school and college students.
The Aviation Careers Initiative provides career development resources to high school and college students interested in pursuing careers in the aviation industry. The program provides guidance and connections to those expressing interest in aviation careers.
Sign up today!
Reno Flight Plan - starts on January 30, 2018 - CLICK HERE for details, schedule, and registration.
Truckee Flight Plan - starts on January 18, 2018 - CLICK HERE for details, schedule, and registration.
Students will be immersed in a structured program to guide through the career development spectrum, highlighted by:
- Interviewing students to understand career interests, skills and characteristics
- Reviewing and developing resumes;
- Matching with aviation experts, who are enlisting to provide mentoring guidance;
- Conducting career planning workshops;
- Hosting speaking engagements presented by aviation experts;
- Introducing to employment recruiters seeking career-ready talent;
- Conducting mock and practice interviews; and,
- Providing professional references for scholarships, college admissions, and job applications.
Every step of the process is managed by Pathways to Aviation staff.
This program is great for students interested in learning about careers and what's needed to land great jobs. It's even better for students interested in applied manufacturing jobs, as many of the skills translate across industries. And, it's ideal for students driven to pursue aviation industry careers!
There's no cost to participate. Students and industry leaders may participate at both locations!!!