Dassault Falcon Jet seeks an Aircraft Crew Chief responsible for the efficient execution of the work scope and for the maintenance, preventive maintenance and alterations performed under the authority of the FAA Certificated Repair Station.
The Aircraft Crew Chief reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for the efficient execution of the work scope and for the maintenance, preventive maintenance and alterations performed under the authority of the FAA Certificated Repair Station. The Aircraft Crew Chief performs tasks and ensures tasks, within the scope of their normally assigned duties, are performed using established standards of quality and airworthiness.
- Ensure that you present yourself in a professional manner and appearance in a day to day contact with customers, guests and co-workers
- Effectively teams with the Customer Projects Coordinator and Quality Assurance Inspector assigned to the aircraft to efficiently execute the aircraft work scope and communicates at all levels of the organization and with customers
- Attends the customer debrief meetings for all aircraft assigned
- Assigns maintenance technicians and Quality Control Inspector personnel on crews and from support shops to perform the tasks required by the work scope and monitors performance to plan
- Oversees the daily activities of assigned work crews taking necessary action to ensure that all work is completed within schedule and estimated labor and material costs
- Drives the team for maximum efficiency and effective use of available resources including assignment of overtime as required and accurately charging labor hours to the appropriate Work Order Squawk
- Assigns the tasks as required by the work scope with efficiency and to quality standards, paying particular attention to appropriately assigning tasks to the QC Inspectors
- Ensures the use of applicable technical data, including but not limited to the methods, techniques and practices prescribed in the current manufacturer’s maintenance manual
- Ensures that personnel assigned to perform tasks are qualified and identifies training requirements
- Monitors all work performed by the crew to ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and is airworthy
- Be thoroughly familiar with the Quality Control systems and procedures of the Repair Station / Quality Control Manual relative to the scope of their normally assigned duties and keep assigned crews aware of the Quality Control systems and procedures relative to their assignments
- Possess a working knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations and in particular, CFR 91 and 145; and 135 as required
- Possess a working knowledge of aircraft factory modifications, service bulletins, inspection program requirements, vendor information and all other procedures, publications and general information pertaining to aircraft
- Ensures that aircraft maintenance paperwork and forms are completed in accordance with methods of execution outlined in the RSM/QCM
- Provides for the shift turnover requirements as outlined in the RSM/QCM and establishes assignments to relieving crews
- Collaborates and cooperates with the assigned Customer Project Coordinator to achieve the on time and on budget objectives of the work scope
- Collaborates with the assigned Customer Projects Coordinator for work order squawk approval and authorization for overtime
- Collaborates and cooperates with the assigned QA Inspector to achieve aircraft approval for return to service
- High school diploma or equivalent
- FAA Mechanic’s Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant rating.
- Successful completion of at least (1) Falcon Initial Maintenance school
- APU Operation qualified
- Engine Run & Taxi qualified on at least (1) Falcon aircraft model
- Three (3) years of leadership experience in a business jet maintenance environment.Ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
- Proven leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills including Word processing, Excel spreadsheets and project management applications
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Location: Reno
- Full-Time, Second Shift
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you apply for this position, complete the following. We'll immediately provide a reference to the hiring director.