Under the direction of the VP/GM DAS-Reno, manages the Maintenance Operations Department for Dassault Aircraft Services. The Operations Manager is responsible for managing assigned areas, including assigning resources to meet and maintain project schedules and budgets, in accordance with Company objectives, FAA regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Sales personnel to promote service sales and customer relations including as effective after sales support program.
- Assigns projects and personnel to assigned Aircraft Crew Chiefs.
- Monitors costs, expenses and overtime to maintain compliance within the guidelines approved by the VP/GM-Reno and/or within department budgets.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance making sure that all assigned work complies with FAA regulations and Repair Station policies and procedures.
- Plans, schedules and carries out on-the-job training and recommends specialized training, taking all necessary steps to provide an adequately trained crew including technical manuals and service bulletins are available and used.
- Works to insure that adequate safety procedures are followed by personnel, confirm all equipment meets safety standards, and takes necessary action to insure that OSHA and company safety policies are complied within the department.
- Recommends new or additional tools, equipment and improved methods of operation to insure productivity, reduce costs, and enhance safety, including capital needs and research for new markets/projects.
- Insures performance reviews are completed on time and fairness of administration and ratings.
- Conducts job interviews to hire personnel to fill positions.
- Insures complete and correct information is provided to Aircraft Crew Chiefs for their assigned projects.
- Works closely with Customer Projects Management Department to meet customer expectation. Assists in resolution of customer disputes.
- Reviews the accuracy of daily non-productive labor and material charges/costs. Verifies attendance sheets for payroll purposes.
- Assists in estimates and cost gathering information as required. Reviews for accuracy.
- Monitors and assists in developing specific objectives for assigned projects and assure corrective action is being taken as required, including resources, facility, labor and material.
- Assists in development and follow through of contracts with various customers, vendors, including service center support, and/or repair centers, dealerships, etc.
- May travel to customer locations to establish and/or maintain good working relations including dispute resolution
- Observes company rules and regulations, including housekeeping and proper use of safety methods and the safe operation of proper equipment.
- Prepares department budget for fiscal year operations.
- Develops strategic plans for the continuous business improvement.
- Other duties may be assigned by VP/GM-Reno.
- High school graduate or equivalent with aircraft maintenance school courses preferred
- FAA Mechanic’s Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings
- Minimum of five (5) years successful experience in a leadership and supervisory position, in a business jet maintenance environment
- Proven ability to work and communicate with management, technicians and customers in a business-like, professional manner
- Intermediate level PC skills in Word & Excel
- Working knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles necessary to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports, and meet financial objectives for assigned area and programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments, organizations, and regulatory agencies
- Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update and persuade at all levels of management
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees with multiple project setting
- Insures all Company policies and procedures are complied with, taking prompt, appropriate action as needed.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you apply for this position, complete the following. We'll immediately provide a reference to the hiring director.