Shhh, it's not official, but...
We're putting together a special organization for students interested in aviation. It's a fun and meaningful way to bring students closer to their aviation-related dreams and career aspirations.
Pathways Flight Team
To provide resources and opportunities to students, whom express strong interests in pursuing careers in the aviation industry.
Must be a student pursuing a diploma or certification.
- Represent Pathways to Aviation at events, on campus, in organizations, and in public
- Promote careers in aviation
- Promote programs and activities to other students
- Volunteer at Pathways to Aviation coordinated and sponsored events
- Meet monthly (perhaps on Flight Plan evenings)
- Liaison to serve in ex-oficio (non-voting) role on board of trustees
- Possibly managed with the assistance of a student intern
- Interface with aviation executives and industry experts
- Tour airports and aviation businesses
- Increase chances of internships, and part- and full-time jobs
- Possibly participate in job shadowing experiences
- Possibly gain special credit from WCSD
- Acquire and practice valuable career readiness skills
- Earn volunteer hours
- Participate in special Flight Team activities and events
- Increase chances of scholarship support
- Looks great on resumes
We're still ironing out the wrinkles. If you have suggestions and/or want to get involved, contact Pete.