Pathways to Aviation is on a mission to prevent the growing aerospace workforce shortage from impacting local communities. Similarly, Pathways is committed to impacting other industries, as well. As such, its Futures in Aerospace program is intended to provide an abundance of resources, connections, and interactions to guide students and job-seekers toward appealing career opportunities.
To represent the next generation of leaders by providing insight, assistance, and leadership through the Pathways to Aviation Futures in Aerospace program.
Must be a current high school or college student or recent graduate, who’s passionate about creating opportunities for oneself, assisting others along their paths, making valuable connections, and providing important feedback. Preference will be given to students who have participated in the on-site career mentoring workshop series. Students may reside anywhere.
Flight Team members are encouraged to perform some or all of the following tasks. There may be more duties assigned as connections are made and the program is expanded.
- Interview local, national, and international corporate leaders.
- Help design and facilitate local and online workshops.
- Evaluate the performance and progress of workshops.
- Submit blogs relating to career planning and their career development.
- Promote the career mentoring program to fellow students.
- Provide mentoring guidance to fellow students.
- Participate as a co-facilitator in career workshops.
- Test new systems and program enhancements
Success of the Flight Team will be based on active member participation, particularly…
- Provide feedback when asked
- Participate in calls and meetings
- Register for the upcoming workshop series
- Attend events sponsored or attended by Pathways to Aviation
- If launched, create and manage a profile in the new online program
Students will not be asked to perform more than five hours per month of service. All hours may be registered as volunteer hours.
The Flight Team is viewed as a “young leader” committee of Pathways to Aviation, similar to a junior board of directors.
If you're interested in joining, click here.