Become the first intern with the Foundation's pilot internship program, launching during the Spring 2015 school semester. Initial deadline to apply is February 27, 2015.
The Foundation is launching a special internship program for middle and high school students seeking experience in the world of aviation. The internship fosters a very reasonable time requirement to perform duties associated with earning credit and creating viable impact through the intern's efforts.
- Serve as the campus representative for each Ambassador's respective school
- Connect with Foundation staff via pre-scheduled in-person or online meetings
- Share information provided by Foundation staff to fellow students
- Encourage attendance to the annual Pathways to Aviation Speakers Forum - takes place on April 8 in 2015
- Promote jobs and internships posted on the Pathways to Aviation website
- Interface with campus teachers seeking aviation experts to serve as in-class speakers
- Provide input on the design of STEM education activities
- Encourage fellow students to apply for college scholarships
- Serve as a school liaison for participation at the annual Air Races (September 2015)
- Share/retweet social media messaging posted by the Foundation
- No aviation background required
- Passion, interest, creativity, and organization
- One hour per month (minimum)
- Participate in Ambassador Team calls/webinars
- Regular correspondence (phone, email, text) with Foundation staff
Must be a student in good standing, attending a middle or high school. College students are also welcome to participate.
Length of internship
Six months; renewal is possible.
Deadline to apply
CLICK HERE to for a taped, online presentation about the Ambassador position.