Student participants in the Pathways to Aviation career mentoring program are eligible for a tuition assistance award, based entirely on participation in Futures in Aerospace events. These include the “Flight Plan” sessions taking place in Reno, Minden, and Truckee, as well as the annual Speakers’ Forum.
- The number of awards and amounts awarded will be determined after the final Flight Plan workshop. The awards will be announced and presented at the annual Speakers’ Forum, held on May 9 in Reno.
- The total dollar amount of scholarship funds are determined based on scholarship support generated through the program.
- The use of the award shall be for extended learning opportunities, such as college tuition, license or certification costs, or other educational possibilities.
- Must be a high school or college student
- Does not need to be pursuing aviation as a career path
- Must register, RSVP, or attend one of the Futures in Aerospace events
Additional Rules and Tips
- Award selections will be based on participation, which includes points earned.
- Students accumulate points in three ways: completing the official registration form, RSVPing for each workshop session, attending the sessions, and actively participating at the sessions.
- Students may be asked to provide additional information.
Contact Pete Parker at 775-745-1325, firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to any questions.
Tips to generate scholarship points:
- Register for the program (one per person maximum)
- RSVP for workshops
- Attend and participate in the workshops