Generating the next generation of aviation leaders cannot be done by just a few. Instead, it requires the entire industry to sustain its future.
Before workforce shortages reach their peak, we need to be proactive in introducing, guiding, and preparing a new wave of pilot, mechanic, technological, and instructional leaders.
Join the Pathways to Aviation crew to inform, inspire, and engage the aviation industry in the state of Nevada. Click one or more of the following to indicate your interest and join the crew!
Teachers in public and private middle and high schools are looking for aviation experts to inform and inspire students. They're primarily looking for experts to:
- Attend a class to simply provide assistance per a given topic.
- Facilitate a class on a given topic.
- Provide instruct to a class, based on aviation curriculum, STEM education, etc.
Upon enlisting, we'll contact you to learn more about your preferred role. Then, when teachers seek us for expert instructors, we'll match you based on the topic, your availability, and location.
Click here to sign up!
Serve as a mentor for someone seeking a career in the aviation industry.
The requirements for mentors are simple:
- Have a sincere interest in helping someone pursue a career in aviation.
- Provide insight to the mentee (courses to take, career planning tips, etc.).
- Serve as a reference when the individual applies for college or a job/internship.
- Make at least one contact per month (email, phone)
Join the team of leaders who help plan events coordinated or sponsored by Pathways to Aviation. These include:
- Annual Pathways to Aviation Speakers' Forum
- EAA Young Eagles First Flight Days
- Aviation Learning Center at the annual Reno Air Races
- Other meetings and receptions.
This is not a volunteer position. Instead, should you submit the form, you'll indicate an interest in recruiting to your team. This includes one or more of the following:
- Hiring a full or part-time staff member.
- Hiring a paid or unpaid intern.
- Hosting a job shadowing situation.
Become a financial stakeholder to create the next generation in aviation leaders. You'll see an immediate return on your investment through job fulfillment and leader engagement. A longterm effect will be illustrated through a greater aviation presence in middle and high school classrooms, after-school and summer camps, internships and job shadowing, tuition scholarships, and careers.
Click here to sign up!
The ignition to engage started and we're well on our way. The response from key leaders in the aviation industry has been extremely positive. By joining the crew, you're helping affect tremendous change and growth.