We have an opportunity for you to impact a student, who's interested in a career in aviation. Our Nevada Aviation Careers Program invites industry leaders and experts to provide advice, share experiences, and work with young people as they begin their own pathways to aviation. The program offers career development resources to high school and college students interested in pursuing careers in the aviation industry.
We respect the time of our mentors. As such, we do our best to work with each mentor's schedule. All we ask of our mentors are the following:
- Make at least one contact with the student per month (email, phone).
- Attend workshop/mentoring gatherings.
- Have a sincere interest in helping someone pursue a career in aviation.
- Provide insight to the mentee (courses to take, career planning tips, etc.).
- Serve as a reference when the individual applies for college or a job/internship.
We're doing our best to make each mentor-to-mentee experience simple, yet meaningful and effective.
Enlist as a mentor today by clicking here.
When you sign up, be sure to share pertinent information, such as your area(s) of expertise, desired age/class year of student, and your availability.
You’ll be contacted with details regarding upcoming event and matching information.
If you have any questions, contact Pete Parker (745-1325, email)