The Aviation Careers Initiative provides career development resources to high school and college students interested in pursuing careers in the aviation industry. The program provides guidance and connections to those expressing interest in aviation careers.
Sign up for one of our new career and mentoring programs:
Reno Flight Plan - Next session will be on April 17, 2018 - CLICK HERE for details
Truckee Tahoe Flight Plan - Aviation Networking Night will be on April 19, 2018 - CLICK HERE for details
Students participate in an interactive and focused program to guide through the career development spectrum, highlighted by:
- Interviewing students to understand career interests, skills and characteristics
- Reviewing and developing resumes;
- Matching with aviation experts, who are enlisting to provide mentoring guidance;
- Conducting career planning workshops;
- Hosting speaking engagements presented by aviation experts;
- Introducing to employment recruiters seeking career-ready talent;
- Conducting mock and practice interviews; and,
- Providing professional references for scholarships, college admissions, and job applications.
Every step of the process is managed by Pathways to Aviation staff.
This program is great for students interested in learning about careers and what's needed to land great jobs. It's even better for students interested in applied manufacturing jobs, as many of the skills translate across industries. And, it's ideal for students driven to pursue aviation industry careers!
Thanks to the support of the E.L. Cord Foundation, ISTAT Foundation, Truckee Tahoe Airport District, and generous supporters, there's no cost to participate.
Students and industry leaders may participate at both locations!!!