Special events require proper strategy, regular management, considerable time, and proper execution. There is only a small handful of events on the Pathways to Aviation calendar.
The following events are planned during the 2017 calendar.
These events are rooted from Aviation Learning Center experience at recent air races. Rather than coordinate for just one event, a scaled-down version will be coordinated at multiple venues.
- January 26 – Reno-Tahoe International Airport
- September 13-17 – National Championship Air Races
- October 7-8 – Aviation Roundup Show at Minden-Tahoe Airport
- We’re looking to schedule experiences in April, May, and July.
Each of these events will require the following volunteer leadership:
- Coordinate venue – tour and class times, transportation, security
- Coordinate participants – scheduling, teacher recruitment/liaison, affiliate organizations
- Promote – distribute press releases, write blogs, post social media, take photos and video
- Day of – assist with transportation and security, guide class tours, maintain agenda
The 10th annual event will take place this April (date to be determined). The event is fairly simple…a host of speakers, highlighted by a keynote. The event includes a reception, featuring aviation non-profits and businesses. Key volunteer roles include:
- Coordinate the venue – agreements, agenda, food/beverage, setup/strike, parking
- Coordinate the speakers – agenda, talking points, keynote agreement, keynote travel and lodging
- Promote – distribute press releases, write blogs, post social media, take photos and video; help coordinate television and radio appearances
- Day of – assist with check-in, speaker agenda flow, setup reception, usher attendees
The roles listed should be undertaken by teams of volunteers, as opposed to one person.
Sign up to volunteer on the event planning team by clicking here.
When you sign up, be sure to share pertinent information, such as your preferred role(s) and availability to meet.
You’ll be contacted with details. If you have any questions, contact Pete Parker (745-1325, email)