Thank you for agreeing to participate in the 4th Annual Eighth Grade Career Days, as presented by the Washoe County School District. Over 5,000 students will be on site to attend workshops, visit the career expo, and participate in career coaching.
Below are the details for both days. Give it a read, but all you really need to know is this...
- Drive to the Reno-Sparks Convention Center
- Parking is free
- There's no need to check-in at the main table. Walk directly to Room B (see below). If you're asked where you're going, just tell them you're speaking at Room B - Flying/Aerospace with Pathways to Aviation.
- Please arrive 15-30 minutes before your session.
- If you plan to present slides or video, please bring a thumbdrive and/or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You're welcome to bring your own laptop. Remember that you might only have 5-10 minutes to setup.
- If you want to distribute materials, make sure Pete knows in advance, so they can be properly displayed.
That's it for logistics!
As for preparing for your presentation, plan to share your career journey, describe your expertise, and provide advice for the subjects, degrees, certifications...and soft skills...needed to pursue a career in aerospace.
If you have any questions or need anything, contact Pete at email@example.com or text/call him at 775-745-1325.
This is going to be fun!
The Speaker Schedule may be downloaded for print. Click here or the image.
The Break Out Session sheet may be downloaded to print. Click here or the image.