Two days with eighth graders from the Washoe County School District went extremely well.
Over 5,000 students attended the annual WCSD Eighth Grade Career Days at the Reno-Convention Center, where they met with representatives from the local business, non-profit, and education communities. The purpose was to showcase opportunities, present them with potential career, and connect them to outstanding leaders.
We had the fortunate opportunity to conduct workshops to students interested or curious about the aerospace industry. Midway through the first day, we were asked to move to a workshop room, triple the size of our previous room, to accommodate larger groups of students. For the remaining nine workshops, we filled the room to capacity, where each remaining session welcomed over 300 students. These students were introduced to our amazing industry by multiple speakers each session.
Special thanks go to our impressive and engaging speakers:
- Brenda Jacobs - NUANCE Project Manager, Flight Research Aerospace
- Mike Scott - Airport Manager, Reno-Stead Airport
- Joe Rajacic - retired captain, United Airlines
- Greg Meisinger - Pilot, American Airlines
- Lacey Szekely - Owner, Vertical Vantage Inc.
- Greg Stanley - retired Vice President, Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Devin Noe - Chief Possibilities Officer, Mountain Lion Aviation
- Mark Silver - Civil Air Patrol
A big thanks to the Washoe County School District, particularly its Careers and Technical Education department, for inviting our participation. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and look forward to meeting next year's eighth graders!
Enjoy photos from this two-day event...click the photo below.