Pathways to Aviation is participating in today's Giving Tuesday fundraising campaign. Whether or not you know about our organization, you may be wondering why you should participate...and select Pathways as the beneficiary. Here are a few reasons.
For starters, what is Giving Tuesday? According to GivingTuesday.org...
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
To be honest, Giving Tuesday is not a primary funding campaign on the Pathways to Aviation calendar. However, we'd be remiss to avoid its significance and ability to generate much needed financial resources. Here are reasons why you might consider making a contribution on Giving Tuesday.
- Pathways to Aviation (officially known as the Reno Air Racing Foundation) is a 501c3 non-profit organization, which promotes and creates opportunities for young people to become informed, inspired, and engaged within the world of aviation.
- Pathways to Aviation hosts events to for aviation enthusiasts of all ages, most notably the annual Speakers' Forum and the Aviation Learning Center (conducted at the Reno Air Races).
- Pathways to Aviation offers college scholarships to students seeking careers in aviation.
- Pathways to Aviation provides career planning resources, career mentors, and employment connections to high school and college students seeking aviation-relation jobs.
- Pathways to Aviation works with non-profit, membership, and community organizations to advance aviation workforce and economic development.
- Pathways to Aviation coordinates field trip experiences for elementary, middle, and high schools to tour and learn more about airport operations and aviation careers, participate in hands-on experiential activities, and meet aviation experts and recruiters.
- Pathways to Aviation works with commercial and business aviation recruiters to hire quality young talent.
- Pathways to Aviation recognizes the importance of aviation history and preserves its legacy through educational programs.
Founded in 2004 by the Reno Air Racing Association, Pathways to Aviation is governed by a board of trustees representing the aviation, business, and general communities. Under its leadership, the organization has directly impacted nearly 7.000 young people in just the past two years. They've done so by minimizing operational expenses and maximizing donor contributions by allocating donated funds directly to programs.
By introducing students to aviation and working closely with those most interested in aviation careers, Pathways to Aviation strives to prevent the expected aviation workforce shortage in Nevada. Based on a 2015 FAA Economic Impact of Civil Aviation study, 14.7% of all jobs in Nevada are aviation-related. It's vital we do all we can to prevent the shortage and, at the same time, create new opportunities within the state of Nevada.
Please consider contributing to Pathways to Aviation. It's much more than a mere donation to keep the engine running...it's an investment in the current and future opportunities presented to young people as they seek meaningful careers. Every dollar makes a difference. Every penny is allocated to creating opportunities. 100% of contributed funds is tax-deductible.
Join Our Crew on Giving Tuesday by clicking here and supporting Pathways to Aviation.